LDS News, now available in the iTunes Store for iPhone and iPod Touch.
If you have any questions or need support, send an email to: LDS News Support (LDSNewsSupport@LateNightProjects.com)
LDS News is an RSS news reader supporting feeds from multiple sources plus provides easy access to the three Church YouTube Channels as well as integrated YouTube support for LDS.org Home Page video releases. Primary features include 17 services from which to choose: • 5 Church news feeds: • LDSChurchNews.com - “Authorized News Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.” • MormonTimes.com - “For and about members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.” Provided by The Deseret News. • LDS.org News Around the Church - LDS Church news from around the world often referencing outside sources. • LDS.org Home Page - The latest postings on the home page of LDS.org including the latest videos. • LDS.org Newsroom - “The Official Resource for News Media, Opinion Leaders, and the Public.” Usually a subset of News Around the Church stories. • 5 Gems -- Daily messages of inspiration from Church leaders: • Daily • Family • Young Single Adult • Youth • Church History • 4 Deseret News feeds: • Utah stories - May be of interest to members of the Church. • BYU Sports - For those who may want to follow BYU sports stories... • U of U Sports - ...and/or University of Utah sports stories... • Utah State Sports - ...and/or Utah State sports stories. • 3 YouTube Channels: • Mormon Messages - “An official channel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Includes basic beliefs, inspiring stories, and messages of hope.” • New Era Messages - “An official channel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. From the New Era, a magazine for Mormon teens.” • LDS Public Affairs - “Videos from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.”
• Arrange the selected services in your preferred order.
• Indicates when the most recent story or Gem was posted. • All times and dates displayed in your local time zone.
• Items are cached to limit network traffic and for quicker loading of stories at launch.
• Keeps track of stories you have already read and indicates how many remain unread.
• Story links can be easily emailed to yourself or others. • Gems can also be emailed with the title, author, the full text of the Gem, and the link (when provided) to the talk from which the quote was taken!
• YouTube channels allow viewing the videos directly within LDS News using the built-in iPhone/iPod viewer. Finish the video and be right back where you left off. • The YouTube channel viewing is kept within the channel so you can't accidentally leave it.
• LDS.org Home Page YouTube videos are integrated right into LDS News using YouTube tools to allow embedded viewing.
LDS News - Available in the iTunes Store.
Note that this application has no affiliation with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All content is offered through public RSS feeds and is owned or provided by the respective service. The YouTube name and logo are trademarks of YouTube.com.